Are you looking forward to improving your project management career? If yes then you must be exploring the internet for finding the best project management courses. And most probably you must be coming across hundreds of project management courses. But it is not easy to determine which one is worth your time. Here in this article, we will list the best 10 project management courses that are worth to spend time on. This will help you to choose the best ones to invest in and enhance your career.
Generally, whatever we do in our day to day life be it personal or professional, it can be categorized as a project. For instance: Organizing a birthday party or shifting home to a new place or planning an event. Hence, we are doing the management of the project throughout our lives. The strange part is that we are involved in project management without any formalized project management training. No wonder how much more efficient, competent and diligent we would be if we get to attend project management courses and thus improve our project management skills.
What is project management?
To summarize, project management is basically the practice of turning ideas into reality. Project management assembles a set of tools and techniques performed by people to describe, organize and monitor the work of project activities to meet the goals and achieve the success criteria in the specified time. Thus, project management is a process that involves initiating a new project, planning, putting the project plan into action and measuring progress and performance. Also, it includes identifying the project requirements, establishing project objectives, balancing constraints and taking the needs and expectations of the key stakeholders into consideration.
There are plenty of ways to run a project. But some project managers operate their projects really productively meanwhile other project managers frequently come in late, over budget and with poor quality.
Hence these project management courses will help companies to follow a structured way of thinking about how to effectively run a project.
Project Management Courses
Project management courses are helpful in mastering the skills to give you an edge over others in the industry. It is not necessary to be a project manager to benefit from project management courses. These project management courses are designed in such a way that it helps you gain knowledge about different aspects of project management such as budgeting, scheduling, resource management, procurement, scoping the work, effective communication, risk management, and last but not least stakeholder management.
Learning never stops and trends keep on changing. Hence, it is important for project managers to be in line with current best practices. As per the current trend, the project manager’s demand keeps increasing worldwide. Hence, the requirement of the skillset of the project management specialist keeps increasing as well.
These days, there are many training organizations or companies that offer various project management courses. These project management courses will give theoretical knowledge, help develop practical skills and enhance career opportunities both for beginners and experienced professionals.
Project management courses have come in leaps and bounds over the last few years. And anyone who is planning to start a full-time career in this discipline should take at least one of the project management courses to achieve a recognized qualification. Moreover, those professionals who are engaged in project management need to ensure that they are updated about the latest tools used in project management. And if you complete a recognized project management course, it is considered as the most effective way to achieve it.
Benefits of project management courses are:
1- Accomplishment of Goals
- Aiming for a goal without a plan can take your weeks or months of work. But if you approach the goals in a planned manner, you will create actionable steps to achieve goals by prioritizing it and foreseeing the challenges. These project management courses will guide you to effectively plan the project and hence achieve the goals faster.
2- Edge in the market
- You are aware that project management is very much in demand in the market. These days industries such as healthcare, technology, financial services, engineering need skilled people who have leadership and managerial skills. Attending the project management courses will help you to develop skills that a project manager requires, make you learn the tools to drive the results and give you an edge over the competitors in the industry.
3- High quality of work
- Once you take a project through completion, it will not only reduce your stress but also improve the quality of your work. Hence these project management courses will help you learn to bring the project to completion and will make you satisfied
4- Cost-effective budget
- Due to triple constraints in project management, there cannot be any project which is of low cost, high quality and faster completion time. If your project is of low cost and less time then it will likely be of low quality and vice versa. Hence, these project management courses will help you to manage your resources in an effective manner.
5- Meeting the deadlines
- As per the records, generally, 50% of projects are late and don’t meet their deadlines and hence they have to bear the financial loss. If you are managing a single project then still you can meet the deadlines. But how about managing multiple projects? Hence, these project management courses will help you learn about the tools and frameworks to strategize the work and completing the projects on time and thus meeting the deadlines.
Evolution of PM Programs
Prior to 1950, project management was just a subject to study and it was practiced informally. In 1950, project management became an independent discipline that was subject to transformation. Then due to changing social and economic needs, project management certification got evolved.
Due to high demanded skills in the business industry, it was transformed into a growing profession especially in the northern part of the United States of America. At that point in time, there has been a projection of more than 10 million jobs related to project management to be created in the future.
Thereafter in 1967, project management came into existence by the International Project Management Association (IPMA). This is a European based partnership of many associations of the countries dealing with project management.
Further then in 1969, the Project Management Institute (PMI) was formed. It offers a range of following project certifications which aims at boosting one’s career in the domain of project management:
1. Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
This is an entry-level certification designed for those with less project experience. Here, CAPM stands for Certified Associate in Project Management. This certification will demonstrate a candidate’s fundamental knowledge, terminology, and processes of effective project management.
2. Project Management Professional (PMP)
This is the most important international and industry-recognized certification for project managers. Here PMP Stands for Project Management Professional. It is truly global regardless of any industry, methodology, and location. As per the market survey, PMP certified individual garners 20% higher salary than a noncertified individual.
3. PMI-Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP)
This is the fastest-growing certification of Agile these days. Here, PMI-ACP stands for PMI Agile Certified Practitioner. This certification recognizes the knowledge of Agile Principles and skill with agile techniques. It spans many approaches to agile such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Extreme Programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD) thereby increasing the individual’s versatility.
4. PMI-Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP):
This certification highlights the individual’s ability to identify and assess project risks, mitigate threats and enhance opportunities. Here, PMI-RMP stands for the PMI Risk Management Professional.
5. PMI-Program Management Professional (PgMP)
This certification is the next step after Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. Here, PMI-PgMP stands for Program Management Professional. It is for senior-level practitioners aiming towards advancing an organization’s strategic goals. Hence, this certification is ideal for demonstrating advanced experience, skill, knowledge, and capability of program managers who will help the organizations to meet the strategic goals.
Hence, certification in any of the above qualifications ensures an individual’s knowledge in the life cycles of a project. Besides, it provides learners with the skills in project plan implementation, assessment of the project’s performance as per set goals so that projects stay on track. Further, it will enhance the skills in managing human resources, stakeholder management, risk assessment, procurement, and communication.
To summarize, these qualifications help in demonstrating advanced skills and knowledge in project management. Besides, it depicts an individual’s level of commitment in their career. Moreover, it not only helps in boosting one’s career but significantly improves the status of the professional.
Since then there has been a big evolution in PM Course Programs. Previously, there were only waterfall project management approaches. Since 2000, Agile Project management approaches started to become popular and now Agile project management courses are popular as well.
What are the important points you must be careful when choosing a PM Course?
There are a lot of project management courses available in the market. Choosing a wrong PM course will cost you money, time and resources. Hence, a wise decision needs to be taken while considering the following points when choosing a PM course. Here we will be listing important points to look for when choosing a PM course
1- The objective of the project management courses
There are many books on project management available in the market. Now an entry-level project manager faces challenges while determining the objective of training. Individuals need to figure out whether they are looking for theoretical content or practical implementation /real-life implementation of the subject. As there are many certification specific project management courses that aim for more theory than practical aspects. Likewise, they are project management courses that aim for how to practically implement a project using project management processes, tools, and techniques. Hence, an individual should have a clear objective of whether s/he is attending the course for learning purposes or want to get certified in project management.
First of all, you need to determine whether you are looking for training for self or peers or team members. Every individual has different learning styles and preferences. Some people prefer to learn in small chunks and some prefer to attend long training in a short span of time. Likewise, some prefer to do self-learning or watch videos or some wish to participate in the discussion.
3- The focus of the project management courses
Some project management courses focus on generic projects. It can be used in many different environments like constructing a house or improving a process. These types of courses cater to all types and sizes of projects across any industry. And domain or industry-specific training aims at a particular subject. The advantage is that you only learn the content which is relevant to you. Hence you should have a clear focus as per your project or individual need.
4-Mode of project management courses
Project management courses can be attended in the classroom or online learning session. It is the individual’s choice to prefer classroom sessions if they feel that face to face interaction with the trainer can make learning more memorable. And, there is room for discussion as well as resolving queries in person.
On the contrary, online learning courses have the flexibility to learn at their own pace, time and location. You have the advantage to review what you have learned and can go back to any topic again to understand. These online project management courses are cheaper, affordable and more flexible.
5- Trainer details of the project management courses
It is very important to check the profile of the trainer such as experience, knowledge, diversity, feedback to know about the way of conducting courses, etc before the start of the course. This ensures that the right trainer conducts the course in an effective manner.
6. Training Company
You need to check the credibility, reliability, course curriculum, quality of the content, review of the training, testimonials, success rate, cost, etc to find a suitable training company for project management courses.
7. Course Curriculum
Each PM course is different but the curriculum remains the same. It can be tailored as per the requirement or needs of the client or project.
The standard curriculum is as follows:
What is a project?
- Project Vs Operations?
- What are the Stakeholders?
- Project Characteristics?
- What is Project Management?
- Define the Program?
- What is a Portfolio?
- Define Project Management Office.
- Different skills of project manager such as Communication, Budgeting, etc
- Different types of Organizational structures
- Understanding project life cycles and project management processes
Creating the Project Charter
- Exploring the Project Management Knowledge Areas
- Project Integration Management, Project Scope Management, Project Time Management, Project Cost Management, Project Quality Management, Project Human Resource Management, Project Communications Management, Project Risk Management, Project Procurement Management, and Project Stakeholder Management
- Understanding project needs and demands
- Feasibility study
- Selecting and prioritizing projects
- Project Selection Methods
- Kicking off the Project Charter
- Project Statement of work
- Business Case
- Enterprise Environmental Factors
- Organizational Process Assets
- Expert Judgment Tools and Techniques
- Key Stakeholders
- Project Charter Sign off
- Identifying the stakeholders
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Stakeholder Registry and Strategy
Developing the Project Scope Statement
- Developing the Project Management Plan
- Collect Requirements
- Documenting the Scope Management Plan
- Define Scope
- Writing the Project Scope Statement
- Creating the Work Breakdown Structure
Creating the Project Schedule
- Defining Activities
- Sequence Activities
- Estimating Activity resources
- Estimating Activity duration
- Developing the Project Schedule
Developing the Project Budget
- Creating the Project Cost Management Plan
- Estimating the Costs
- Establishing the Cost Budget Baseline
- Communicating the plan
- Plan Communications
- Communication Management Plan
- Planning for Risks
- Planning Risk Management
- Identifying Risk
- Analyzing risk using qualitative techniques
- Quantifying Risk
- Developing a Risk Response Plan
Planning Project Resources
- Procurement Planning
- Developing the Human Resource Plan
- Quality Planning
Developing the Project Team
- Executing the Project Plan
- Acquiring the Project Team
- Developing the Project Team
- Managing the Project Team
Conducting Procurement and Sharing Information
- Conducting the Procurement
- Laying out the Quality Assurance Procedures
- Distributing project information
- Managing Stakeholder Expectations
Measuring and Controlling Project Performance
- Monitoring and Controlling Project work
- Administering Procurement
- Establishing Performance Measurements
- Managing Perform Integrated Change Control
Controlling Work Results
- Monitoring and Controlling Risk
- Managing Cost Changes
- Monitoring and Controlling Schedule Changes
- Perform Quality Control techniques
- Verifying Project Scope
- Controlling Scope
- Closing out the Project and Procurement
- Balancing stakeholders interests
- Professional Responsibility
- Applying Professional Knowledge
Top 10 Project Management Courses
If you are new to the profession or you are a seasoned professional then it becomes important to attend a PM course program. These project management courses will help you stay current with the latest best practices and will help to advance your career. You will find many online project management courses to get certified or prepare for project management certifications or earn PMP PDUs to maintain your current certifications.
Here, we will be listing the top 10 project management courses with key features that will help you to choose a suitable course as per your needs and requirements.
#1 Project Management Courses – Master of Project Academy PM Training Bundle
Master of Project Academy is in the project management course business for years and they have several types of project management courses. They have waterfall and Agile project management courses such as PMP training and Agile Scrum training. Master of Project Academy PM Training Bundle covers waterfall and agile PM approaches plus MS Project Training in this training bundle. So, you make sure that you will learn conventional and trending PM techniques during your PM course program. Besides, you will learn how to use MS project step-by-step.
Key features of this PM bundle are:
- This training bundle includes access to 6 courses which covers PMP, Microsoft Project, and Agile Scrum
- You get access to 10+ hours of Self paced Agile Scrum Certification training
- Also, you will learn the principles and foundations of Agile Project Management and Scrum framework
- Besides you get 4+ hours of Microsoft Project Training which will help you to create real project plans
- Moreover, you will get 2100+ PMP practice questions along with rationales to help you prepare for PMP exam
- You will get 35 contact hours of self-paced PMP Certification Online Training designed by experts.
- Furthermore, you can practice 7 PMP Certification Sample Exams to check your preparedness level for the PMP exam.
- On top of it, you will learn step by step of creating a project plan in MS Project with real project examples.
- Additionally, you will get 24/7 assistance from experts in the support group
- The payment model is quite interesting and attractive in a way that they offer 2 options: a monthly subscription or a lifetime one-off payment.
- In addition to the above, you will get access to downloadable high-quality PMP study tools i.e. Flashcards, cheat sheets, etc.
- It is really useful for professionals who need the flexibility to learn at your own pace, location and a broad base of knowledge
- Last but not least, they provide 30 days money-back guarantee which ensures high quality of material
- Hence, this course is ideal for those professionals who want to advance their career in project management and wanted to gain project management skills.
#2 Project Management Courses – Simplilearn Project Management Expert
This course is one of the most popular project management courses offered by Simplilearn. Project Management Expert course bundle includes 6 courses covering PMI certifications and a software course.
Course 1: PMP Certification
This course will keep you updated about the changes in project management practices in PMBOK Guide-6th Edition and prepare you to pass the PMP certification on your first attempt
Course 2: Microsoft Project 2013
This course will help you master the industry’s most important project management tool i.e. Microsoft Project and enhance your end to end project management skills.
Course 3: Agile Scrum Master
This course will help you to understand the insights into the highly popular Agile Scrum project methodology. Further, it will help you position as champion in Agile adoption journey for your organization
Course 4: PMI RMP
This course will help you master the processes of risk management, a structured approach to address uncertainty in the projects. Further, it will help you distinguish yourself among peers as an expert in risk management.
Course 5: PMI-PgMP
This course will help professionals prepare for certification exam PgMP i.e. Program Management Professional conducted by PMI.
Course 6: Master’s Certificate
This certificate demonstrates that you have taken a big leap in mastering the domain. And this will differentiate you from others and will set you ahead of the competition.
Key features of this program are:
- This PM Course will prepare you for a fulfilling career in advanced project management
- You can access to 200+ live instructor-led classes conducted by reputed trainers
- Also, you will get access to 150+ hours of high-quality e-learning, real-life case studies, chapter-end quizzes and simulation exams
- Besides, it will enhance your fundamental knowledge of project management
- This PM Course is built around a structured learning path recommended by industry experts.
- Furthermore, this PM Course will make you learn the skill sets to be a leader in the growing field of project management
- Moreover, it will help you to understand key foundations of project management including waterfall, Agile, Scrum and Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Additionally, you will learn advanced concepts of risk management in the context of projects, how to plan and implement projects using Microsoft Project tool
- Also, this PM Course will help you learn the skills which will make project management truly effective.
- You can choose the instructor-led online class or self-paced learning as per your time availability and requirement
- They offer 365 days of access to the course
- In addition to the above, you will have 24/7 access to the e-learning content on the website.
Once you will complete below-mentioned requirements, you will be eligible to receive the Master Program certificate. This certificate will testify your skills as a Project Management Expert.
|S.No||Course||Course Completion Certificate||Simulation Exam|
|1||PMP Certification||Required||Score >75%|
|2||MS Project 2013||Required||Score >75%|
|3||Agile Scrum Master||Required||Score >75%|
#3 PM Course Program- Brain Sensei Complete PMP Exam Prep Course
This is one of the self-paced and online project management courses. It is called “Complete PMP Exam Prep” and it is prepared by Brain Sensei to learn in a fun way. It provides comprehensive preparation for the certification exam.
Key features of this program are:
- It is unique and quite interesting
- This PM Course will help you learn key project management concepts through an animated exciting story.
- You will get access to 8 learning modules
- Besides, you can access the summary of key knowledge points for each process group
- Moreover, you will get access to 4 full practice exams with over 900 practice questions.
- Furthermore, you will get access to multiple self-assessments in each module to check your preparedness level and track your progress
- Lessons are structured by making use of Articulate Storylines. This is a tool which has been awarded for creating the best online learning courses
- You can clarify your doubts with support from mentors.
- Also, it provides 35 contact hours required to fulfill the eligibility criteria of the PMP exam
- Additionally, this PM Course provides a 100% pass guarantee.
- This is a self-paced course that gives you the flexibility of attending classes on a laptop or phone or tablet.
#4 PM Course Program- Grey Campus Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Training
This is one of the project management courses and it is called “PMP Certification Training”. This is one of the most popular programs of the Grey Campus. All the modes i.e. traditional classroom training, live online training, and self-learning provides in-depth reviews of the domains and tasks detailed in the PMP Exam Content online.
Key features of this program are:
- It is designed in synchronization with PMBOK 6th edition
- Grey Campus offers 3 learning modes for this course i.e. Classroom coaching, live online class, and self-learning mode. Hence, you can choose the mode as per your need and the one which suits you the most.
- This is a 4 days intensive training led by a PMP credentialed instructor
- Furthermore, the online course consists of detailed videos, simulated tests, and other study aids
- You can interact with the instructor and resolve your queries.
- This course will help you develop your skills in initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling and closing a project to achieve specific goals.
- Furthermore, you will get 35 contact hours certificate to fulfill PMI’s eligibility requirements
- Additionally, you will get an official copy of “PMBOK Guide -6th Edition”
- Moreover, you will get 1-year e-Learning access to the course with additional videos, practice questions, and 3 simulated tests.
- On top of that, you will get free access to a dedicated one day live exam solving session. Here, the instructor solves a simulated full-length PMP exam while you watch. Further, he will take your questions and will explain the reasoning and rationale for the selected answers.
- This PM Course provides 120+ practice tests along with 35 contact hours certificate
- Also, you will get 30-day access to an instructor via email for doubt clearing and resolving the queries.
- In addition to the above, they offer a 100% money-back guarantee
- There is no duration fixed for this course. You can learn at your own pace.
#5 PM Course Program- Udemy PMP Exam Prep Seminar-PMBOK Guide 6
This one of the project management courses on the market and it is called “PMP Exam Prep Seminar-PMBOK Guide 6”. This is one of the best project management courses launched by Udemy. It consists of multiple lectures, assignments, and interactive sessions to help you understand processes and memorizing formulas. This will help you to crack the PMP exam easily.
Key features of this program are:
- This program is very much in detail.
- Moreover, you will learn and can demonstrate the project management processes, formulas, charts and theories of project management.
- Additionally, you will be able to discuss the project management knowledge areas, float for complex project network diagrams and project management best practices.
- Furthermore, each knowledge area is explained well with examples
- You will earn 35 contact hours from a PMI Registered Education Provider (REP). But you need to complete all assignments and exercises to claim 35 contact hours.
- Moreover, this PM Course is a very reasonable and affordable program
- You can access 18 downloadable resources and 3 articles.
- Besides, you can access the material on mobile and TV.
- Furthermore, you will learn to memorize the formulas for earned value management
- Besides, you will get access to two 200 questions full exam
- This PM Course provides a comparison of processes, knowledge area, formulas in order to understand thoroughly
- It provides all the resources needed to pass the PMP exam
- Also, you can view an on-demand video of 24.5 Hours
- You can see our Udemy PMP review.
#6 PM Course Program – Project Management Cornell Certificate Program
This is one of the popular project management courses. “Project Management Cornell Certificate Program” is run by Cornell University. It is a certification program that will teach you proven strategies and practical hands-on tools to drive successful project outcomes.
Key Features of this program are:
- You will learn to scope projects effectively, set a key milestone, improving the budget, perform resource allocation and complete the project on time and within budget
- Besides, you will learn earned value management and agile methodologies
- Moreover, you will learn to examine the project management life cycles and key characteristics, use float information for decision making and identify the critical path
- Duration of this course is 3 months with 3-5 hours per week
- Once you complete this certification program, you can earn 50 Project Management Education Hours which can be used as eligibility criteria for PMP Certification.
- Besides, you will earn 50 Professional Development Hours (5 CEUs) along with Project Management Certificate from Cornell Engineering.
- Furthermore, you have an option to join 5-week PMP study group besides Project Management Curriculum which includes live online sessions with students and instructor, Practice PMP exams and preparation strategies designed to prepare for PMP exam
- This course is useful for team leaders, managers, anyone responsible for the success of team objectives, practitioners with no formal training and professionals preparing for the PMP exam.
Project Management Curriculum includes:
- Organizing the Project and its components: This program will teach you the concepts, tools, and language of project management that can be applied to any size and type of the project.
- Planning and Managing Resources: This program is designed for project managers who want to learn practical ways of aligning available resources with tasks and bringing activities to completion on time.
- Assessing, Managing and Mitigating Project Risk: This program is designed for project managers who want to apply a variety of risk management tools in their work along with risk mitigation strategies.
- Using Earned value management for Project Managers: This program is suitable for project managers who want to be introduced to Earned Value Management (EVM) to achieve practical results for implementing project controls.
- Agile Project Management Approaches: This program is designed for project managers who want to get practical results with an adaptive approach to projects.
PMP Study Group: This study group is an instructor-led group where you will learn 10 knowledge areas of PMBOK, Discuss problems related to questions and tips to help you prepare for the exam
#7 Project Management Courses – The PM PrepCast Cornelius Fichtner, PMP
This is one of the project management courses offered to PMP aspirants. “The PM PrepCast” is prepared by Cornelius Fichtner. It gives you the “standout factor” you need to succeed on your PMP exam.
The PM PrepCast was launched in 2008 and so far 42,000 +students have used it in 56+countries. It comes in following 3 versions:
- PrepCast Basic: This is the flagship exam training program. You will get access to watch best-in-class training lessons, 35 contact hours certificate and full-featured PMP training course. Cost of this course is $229
- PrepCast Elite: This will provide you training lessons along with 90 days of access to The PM Exam Simulator to practice what you have learned. Also, you will get access to 1200+ questions in 6 exams and unlimited simulator exam repeats. The cost of this course is $299.
The PM PrepCast Basic costs $229 and The PM Exam Simulator costs $129. If you will purchase separately, you will spend $358 for this package. Hence if you go for PrepCast Elite, you save money of $59 and cover your training and exam preparation requirement.
- PrepCast Executive: This will provide you training lessons, online simulation along with access to our team of coaches. Overall, you will get 7 hours of personal coaching, 5 hours of Group Coaching along with Formula Guide & Ebooks/workbooks. Cost of this course is $999
Among the above versions, The PrepCast Elite is the most popular and recommended product to be used for aspirants preparing for the exam.
Key features of this program are:
- You will gain advanced-level knowledge via video-based lessons and best-in-class training.
- It offers video-based training to master the skills, knowledge, tools, and techniques that are not taught in regular classes
- It consists of 140 video lessons covering the entire PMP syllabus and complied with the latest edition.
- Besides, it will help you learn how concepts of PMBOK actually work, gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of these concepts.
- You will understand the PMP exam concepts via real-world examples
- Furthermore, it will prepare you with 1000+ realistic PMP Exam sample questions with 90 days of access.
- It is designed in such a manner which is more approachable and engaging which will help you maximize ease of mastery and retention
- This course meets 35 contact hours required to apply for PMP certification. Once you have completed it, you are eligible to take the final exam. Once you pass the quiz, you will receive a 35 contact hours certificate.
- This is a very useful self-paced program with proper sized accessible lessons
- You can learn at your own pace and any location with a tablet or mobile phone.
- You can track your progress via the Learning Management System (LMS). It will automatically track which lessons you have or have not visited and a progress bar shows where you are. You can return to any lesson at any time.
- This is a full-featured podcast which means you can download all lessons to your phone or tablet once you install a podcast app.
- Additionally, they provide 90 days money-back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied, they will refund the money.
- You will get access to 250 self-assessment questions to check your learning and preparedness levels.
- It is great for professionals who are looking to study on mobile or tablet devices instead of a classroom course.
#8 Project Management Courses – Project Management: The Basics of Success (Coursera)
This is one of the well-known project management courses on the market. PM Course “Project Management: The Basics of Success” is run by the University of California, Irvine. It is offered through the Coursera platform. This PM Course encapsulates the essential elements of Project Management and Team Leadership into one course.
Key features of this program are:
- This is an instructor-led program where you get expert guidance on the material
- You will learn how to deliver a successful project on time, on budget, and with high quality
- Moreover, you will be able to communicate proficiently to report project status
- Furthermore, you will understand the stages of the project cycle and monitor project activities and assess progress
- Besides, it will guide you on how to act if things don’t go according to plan or if issues arise.
- It is a free program so you don’t have to spend any money, in other words, you can access the course for free
- But you need to purchase the course to get the final grade or certificate
- You can learn at your own pace and schedule as it is an online course that can be started at any time.
- Additionally, it gives you the flexibility to set the deadlines as per your schedule
- Moreover, in order to complete this course, you just need to spare approx 9 hours to complete i.e. 4-8 hours of videos, readings, and quizzes.
#9 Project Management Courses – Project Management for Business Professionals
“Project Management for Business Professionals” is one of the project management courses on the market and it is delivered on behalf of Alfred State College through the Canvas platform. Project Management for Business Professionals is an introductory course in project management.
Key Features of this program are:
- It is a practical implementation course of project management
- Furthermore, you will learn the key concepts, principles and methods for managing projects effectively
- Besides, in this PM Course, you will discuss the project life cycle, project management processes and further you will use project management techniques on the assigned activities
- This PM Course is an entry-level course based on PMBOK and PMI’s standards
- Additionally, you will get free hands-on to create Gantt Chart and assignments, etc
- This PM Course uses the free open-source tool OpenProj as project management scheduling software to help with scheduling activities
- Also, you will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to manage a small project within an organizational context.
- This PM Course is conducted on weekends from 2 pm to 6 pm or on weekdays i.e Monday or Wednesday from 5.30 pm to 8.30 pm
- Cost of this PM course is $350
- You will get 24 contact hours after attending this course.
- Moreover, It is beneficial for professionals who need a hands-on course on the mechanics of project management like scheduling, risk management, and reporting
- This PM Course is useful for practitioners who want to attend formal training in project management or entry-level professionals who want to understand project management.
10# Project Management Courses – The Complete Agile Project Manager by PMI
This PM course is named “The Complete Agile Project Manager” and it is run by PMI. It includes 9 Course series which covers the full spectrum of essential aspects to successfully put Agile practices into action.
Courses included in this bundle are:
- Agile Project Management Essentials
- Adopting an Agile approach to Project Management
- An Overview of Agile Methodologies
- Agile Planning: Project Initiating and Requirements Gathering
- Agile Planning: Doing Estimates and Completing the Release Plan
- Planning and Monitoring Iterations on an Agile Project
- Leading an Agile Team
- Managing Stakeholder Engagement on an Agile Project
- Ensuring Delivery of Value and Quality in Agile Projects
Key Features of this program are:
- You need to be PMI member to take advantage of a discount for these courses
- This is made of 9 courses covering the complete gamut of Agile project management
- This PM Course is about effectively implementing Agile methodologies
- This is a self-paced intermediate level program for managers and members of a project team who currently use or plan to adopt agile techniques.
- Furthermore, the duration of this course is 5 Hours. Hence, you can earn 17.5 PDUs
- The cost of this course is $243 if you are a PMI Member, however, the cost is $372 if you are not a PMI member.
- Moreover, it covers planning, scheduling, leading an Agile team, stakeholder engagement and more
- This course is beneficial for project managers who want to take the next step in their career
- Also, it is useful for those who want to develop agile project management skills or looking to implement agile methodologies in the project.
Summary of Project Management Courses
Project management courses are really beneficial for managers who are working at a company and, for those who wish to expand soft skills to lead the team or want to move into a project management role. So these project management courses will improve your project management skills. In 1950, project management became an independent discipline. Thereafter, in 1969, the Project Management Institute (PMI) was formed. Later, it launched various certifications to achieve different levels in the project management profile. Consequently, PMI launched various project management courses to achieve these qualifications. Undoubtedly, achieving these certifications by attending project management courses will increase your credibility in the market and will give higher salary raise.
They are free as well as paid project management courses. But while choosing the PM Course, look for points such as the objective, audience, focus area, mode of training, trainer profile, course curriculum, and course provider’s quality.
Check the feedback and choose the course provider who is reliable, has credibility in the industry, high quality of the content, high success rate and affordable cost.